1884, the McMinnville
Community Band was formed
sponsorship of the Warren House Hotel. It was called either the Warren
House Cornet Band or "The Lively Band." In this 1886 photo, the members
were: Sam Lively, Joe Lively, Charles Morford, William H. Magness,
J. G. Marbury, Asa Gross, Charles Thurman, Frank Lively, W. S. "Dad"
and Ben Lively. The director was Prof. Henry Sherrill, the professor of
music at the Cumberland Female College. In 1919, the band became the
"Silver Band" and, later, the "Silver and Gold Band."